Thursday, September 5, 2013

What happened?

Hi Everyone:

I hope you had a great summer. Mine sure was not what I had envisioned.

Before I left for Europe, I was working on adapting my book into French and revising its translation...
What I did not expect was the amount (and cadence) of the work ahead.

I wanted this book to carry my voice to my country of origin, and I ended up rewriting a lot of it. I went from the glamour of wearing my skirt on the set of UK's BBC Breakfast (promoting the UK version) to consecutive weeks in PJ's battling deadlines at my mother's home in the South of France. My mom fed me, took care of the laundry, the kids... I was glued to my computer from 8am to 6am (the next morning) for days in a row, my mind fueled by coffee, my eyes irritated by too much screen time and not enough rest. Leo kissed me goodbye on his way out the door to an overnight camp; on his return a week later, he found me wearing the same PJ's sitting in the same spot... "Have you been crying?", he asked.

I did make my deadlines in the end, but I worked so hard that I was not able to enjoy this visit with my kids, my mom and my nieces. I hope that my sacrifice will pay off, that the French public will be grateful for all that I have invested in this French version of my book.

A few weeks ago, I came back to the US exhausted, in great need of not only sleep, but also screen rest. We took a road/camp trip through Oregon, and as those who follow me on social media noticed, I eventually emerged back into cyberspace. And then I read your comments...

I am sorry for the long absence, I am sorry for worrying some of you, I am sorry for the lack of consistency regarding the skirt experiment. I was forced to prioritize my time and put the experiment on the back burner - heck, I did not have time to get out of my PJ's, even less to put on a skirt! ;)

My first week back, I filmed with three different shows for five days straight (local news, French news, and a French documentary). This week is filled with interviews, the next, I will be speaking in Fremantle, Australia at 2013 Waste and Recycling Conference. Just know that even if I sometimes seem absent on the blog, I am working hard to spread the word about the lifestyle. You do not need to worry about me giving up!

Here is a recap of the 30 ways that I wore the long black skirt:


No comments:

Post a Comment